Thursday, October 1, 2009

No matter where you are...



I woke up this morning and realized that I’ve been doing the same thing now for a few days in a row. Getting up, spending time in the Word, having breakfast, and starting school. Today for some reason it hit me that it was becoming a…… routine.

I thought, “But I’m in Chile…. I’m having adventures, seeing new things, meeting new people….I’m on the MISSION field for Pete’s sake!” Then this thought came to mind. Life lived without thought of the Gospel and God’s glory IS dull, routine, and uninviting…no matter where you are on the Globe.

Suddenly my lack of motivation started to make sense. All these mundane, everyday things are directly from the Lord’s hand to me, and I’ve forgotten that I can do all of them to His glory.I was reminded of Phil 1:20-21, a verse that I return to often. I praise God for the reminder that for me to live... is Christ!

1 comment:

  1. hey Jenna,
    though we didnt really get to know each other today, it was nice meeting you. Hope you have a great time in chile.
    greetings from bea and daniel.

    ReplyDelete