Church this weekend was full of opportunities! On Saturday I went with Krisi to the ladies Bible study. It was a blessing to spend time with this group. A college-age group, led by the pastor, meets at the same time. After both groups were done, they asked me to play ping pong, and I think they were a little confused that I would rather spend time with the "married ladies" ...so I may join the younger group in the future! :)
On Sunday, Lily, a lad

y who teaches Sunday school asked if I would translate her lesson for Jordan, Ben, and Kaylee (who know very little Spanish yet). I was both excited and nervous...but of course answered "YES!" I understood enough to translate her main points, but that was about it. I pray that this will be a good opportunity to encourage them spiritually!
After church, I joined a team of Chileans traveling to San Ramon to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Church plant there. San Ramon is a

community of Government built housing, surrounded by miles of country side and mountains/volcanoes in the distance. The day was beautiful, the view was breathtaking, and the service was a blessing. At this point, the church holds a weekly kids meeting, with hopes of making contacts with parents to start a future church. There was a great turnout on this particular day, and they celebrated the one-year existence of the kids club with songs, cake, and lots of snacks and drinks...including pineapple flavored pop.

After cleaning up and breathing in the fresh country air, it was time to drive back to Temuco for the evening service. The entire day was spent speaking Spanish, getting to know some church members better, and observing this church work together for the sake of the Gospel..... it was a FULL
fin de semana.
Hey Jenna! Glad to see that you are doing well! I hope you are picking up on the Chilean Spanish quickly. Still praying for you!!
ReplyDelete