Sunday, September 20, 2009

Viviendo en Cristo, por Cristo, y para Cristo

This past weekend, I traveled with the Flinck family to a camp near Licanray, Chile. The camp is located about an hour and 1/2 from Temuco. As you can see, the theme was based from Colossians 1:16--a perfect theme to present the Gospel from. There were a lot of unsaved joveniles (13-18 years old, roughly) at camp this weekend, and they heard the Gospel loud and clear!


In honor of Chile's version of July 4th, a group of teens from the area gathered at Camp Lican for the weekend. Camp is always a lot of fun, but the focus of this retreat was definitely the Gospel. Pastor Ivan from a church in Villarica, Chile was the speaker. Friday was Chile's Independence day, so there were a lot of traditional Chilean festivities.

Although I struggle a LOT understanding Chilean Spanish, I did understand some of the main points from Pastor Ivan's messages.


Power Groups~ it wouldn't be camp without them. After the morning message, the teens would split up with their consejeros (counselors) for a time of group devotions and discussion about the message. I sat in with my cabin.... nodding and smiling when I understood parts of the discussion! Teresa (just to the left of me in the circle) led the cabin in prayer and faithfully exhorted the girls to live in light of the Gospel.



What a place to have power groups! This guys cabin met by the lake next to camp with quite a view in the background.















This photo is of the whole camp; including counselors, workers, and kids....and pets.






This is my cabin- Betel. We left Lican Saturday afternoon, and I was sad to leave these girls. I was just beginning to adjust and start getting to know them. Lordwilling, I will see Teresa (just left of me) again in October when we come back for another retreat.

I have so much more to say about camp--like any good camp, the Word of God is the center of what they do... but there were a lot of other things we did that made this weekend at camp a Lot of fun! Check back soon for pictures of the games we played and some lessons I learned while at Camp.

1 comment:

  1. We loved having you at camp with us, Jenna. You were such a blessing to us and to the campers. Thanks for your great attitude and willingness to serve during the retreat. We are looking forward to seeing you again in October!

    Liz Thompson

    ReplyDelete