Monday, October 19, 2009

¡Vamos al Mundial!


Hi everyone! One of the major events in the past few weeks was the Oct 9-12 retreat at beautiful Camp Lican. This retreat was for jovenes (college-age) from the surrounding churches. Once again, I jumped in with the others and had a great time with the group! These are the girls in my cabin for the weekend...

I loved getting to know the Thompson family better(left). Dan and Liz are both Northland graduates serving with GMSA in Chile. The kids showed me all around camp on Sunday... even their fort (root castle). I felt so privileged...



The majority of the weekend was spent under the instruction of Pastor Ricardo Daglio from Villa Regina, Argentina. God used the preaching of His word to convict and work in Hearts.
On Saturday of the retreat, Chile's soccer team played Colombia...and the whole country watched! Why? because a win against Columbia meant that Chile qualifies for the World Cup next summer. Well, it was a great game, and there was just a LITTLE bit of celebration after Chile won 2-4!



I felt like I was at a super bowl party... :0) Except in this case the whole room...the whole country for that matter was supporting the same team. The result was a lot of face paint/kettle corn/foam sprayed after each goal/and a Lot of flag waving... we had a great time!

I am a basketball player myself, and know Nothing about world cup soccer.... but I've officially decided to join the bandwagon and learn a little bit more about the World's favorite sport.

2 comments:

  1. Good decision...about soccer that is=) And now when the World Cup comes around you know who to cheer for! I was rooting from far away South Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I'm sure you were-- it was quite the celebration!

    ReplyDelete