Monday, October 12, 2009

The Whole Earth is full of the Lord...

Life here in Chile has been so normal and so, well, plain that I simply didn't have much to post...

Just kidding...Actually, the exact opposite is true. This, my fourth week, was the climax of my time here so far. It started with a trip to Santiago, and ended with a weekend at camp. Stay tuned because, Lord-willing, the next few days will have a few updates.

Friday, October 2nd the Flinck's and I set out for Santiago (Chile's Capital). The purpose for the trip was to take Lukas (2 months old) to the US Embassy to register him as an American Citizen born abroad. They decided to make a trip out of it, and I ended up meeting all of the GMSA missionaries, and a few BMM missionaries who are currently in Santiago. We stayed for 4 full days, and left Wednesday morning. I wish I could tell all the stories here... but in summary God challenged my thinking about missions and church planting, and encouraged me spiritually during my time with these brothers and sisters in Christ.

During the trips back and forth, I had a chance to see the beautiful countryside of Chile. What's unique about Chile is that you can see the entire country (from east to west,that is) at the same time. On the western border is the low coastal mountains...and the eastern border is the Andes. We could see both as we drove North, and it was beautiful. Enjoy the pictures of the Chilean Campo. We stopped at the Saltos del Laja (waterfall) on the way. As we drove, I couldn't help but think that the whole earth is full of the Lord...








The trip ended with a gorgeous sunset. If you know me, then you know I love to watch them whenever I get a chance. This was one that made me sit in awe.... because I know its maker!

3 comments:

  1. Jenna,

    Just reading through some of your posts. It looks like you are having an awesome time and are seeing God at work in and through you. Just wanted to take a moment and let you know that you aren't forgotten! Can't wait to hear more about it when you get back!!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see what you are doing there in Chile. I think what you're doing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jenna! Those pictures look like postcard pictures! I just read through all of you letters. It looks like such a neat opportunity. I hope you are soaking up every minute of it. Of course, I miss you and love you! I'm praying for you as well!

    ReplyDelete