I've been finding that to be true this past week. Here are a few of the "lasts" I've had in the past few days...
- Last workout on one of these things... lol I'm thankful that the park across the road
installed free "workout" machines--- but I'm excited to get home to a good ol' Indiana style gymnasium!
- Last view of the beautiful, snow-covered Volcanoes of Villarrica and Ilaima. I've always lived in Indiana-------which is beautiful to me. But--living close to one of Chile's most active Volcanoes has been an interesting experience.

- Last time translating for Sunday School. Translating for Jordan, Ben, and Kaylee during my stay here was beneficial for me linguistically...and I was thankful to be a part of the ministry at the 21 de Mayo church (that the Flinck's attend in Temuco).
- Last time with the brothers and sisters at Church I have loved so many things about this church ...chatting with Fernando (a dear gentleman who loves talking about spiritual things), singing hymns in Spanish accompanied by Guitar, fellowshipping with the jovenes (college-age pictured here, lol), and so many other things. This church family shocked me with a despedida (going away party) that I will never forget.
- Last Trip into Temuco by Bus: Twice a week I've spent time at the Bible Institute. (for Spanish class, lunch with the Thompson's (Flinck's co-workers), and English class). I've grown to love Temuco's crowded, vendor-packed streets.... where strawberries, jewelry, flowers, or whatever you want is right there to purchase.

- Last chances to compartir (share). There are too many names to list, but I've said a few too many goodbyes in that past few days. The Lord answered a prayer and allowed me to spend a little time with Teresa this afternoon, and we spent a few hours chatting about life and the direction the Lord is taking each of us. (Teresa was the counselor who helped me sooo much my first weekend in Chile--I stayed in her cabin and she did some translating to help me survive).


- the Last, "last" that I'm going to mention is the studying part... I'm going to be finishing up the classes over Christmas break, but the end is nearing. I learned a LOT by taking classes online this semester!
I leave Temuco Tomorrow (thursday) and leave Chile on Saturday. I've been looking at and doing the same things for three months now... but this week I'm trying to take the 2nd glance and say the extra thank you.

Keep the posts coming!!
ReplyDeleteWe read with interest.