Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chillán


This past weekend, I had the privilege to accompany a group of pastors wives to Chillan, Chile for a conference. The roses were blooming in Chillan, which is located about 3 hours north of Temuco. We squished 8 people into a 7 passenger van for the trip, lol... as you can see in the picture we had a great time! I am neither a pastor's wife, nor a missionary's wife at this point in my life, lol! But~I was thankful for the opportunity to learn from these ladies.

I can't really express how special it was to talk with and listen to this group as they shared experiences from ministry. I guess it opened my eyes to the perspective of a pastor's wife... and it gave me a lot to think about! During a question answer session, a few of them shed tears at the way God had been faithful through difficult times, and I won't ever forget that.

I met some special people this weekend. One in particular named Fresia~ who speaks Spanish, German, and English. This woman was a missionary, writer, teacher, and mentor to many here in Chile and so I want to post a little bit about her life in the future! Hermana Fresia has Alzheimer disease now, but her life still shines as an example to those around her. Praise God for people like Fresia who give their lives for the Gospel!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I kinda stumbled across your blog the other day... and I've enjoyed reading about your adventures! We're missionaries in Tacna, Peru and we cross regularly to Arica where our friends, the Bjur family has a church. Anyway... so it's kinda cool that we're "close". : )

    Smiling for Jesus,
    Sarah Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat. I'm so glad that you are able to do things like that while you are there! It makes it even that much more enjoyable (& special).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna! It sounds like you are learning a lot over in Chile. How has school been going now that your classes are online? How are your Spanish studies coming along? We miss you here! Prayin' for ya =)

    ReplyDelete